Have you every obeyed God and enjoyed the fruit of your obedience? That’s what I’ve been doing recently, and I encourage you to do the same too.
Dough 4 Degrees has endured a lot of changes as many of us have during this coronavirus pandemic. God gave me a strategy for my social media platforms to ensure that we educate students on a part of life the American education system doesn’t – the spiritual side of life.
From now on, Dough 4 Degrees will host “Scholarship Sessions” on Wednesdays at 3:00 PM EST where we will educate you all about the intricacies of the scholarship process. These “Scholarship Sessions” will be organized by episodes and structured for students who need to obtain knowledge to graduate from college debt-free. On Sundays at 3:00 PM EST, we will host “Spiritual Sundays” where I will teach you the Word of God according to the faith of Jesus Christ. You are welcome to join me for both sessions on YouTube and Instagram Live.
Each session will be accompanied with a blog that summarizes what was taught and provides further detail to the lesson.
Obedience is Better than Sacrifice (Part 1)
But Samuel replied: “Does the Lord delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obeying the Lord? To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams. 1 Samuel 15:22 NIV
Samuel said to Saul, “I am the one the Lord sent to anoint you king over his people Israel; so listen now to the message from the Lord. 1 Samuel 15:1 NIV
- The characters:
- Samuel – a leader; Saul’s mentor (e.g., Danielle as your scholarship coach or mentor)
- Saul – Israel’s King annointed by God
- Israel – God’s chosen people
- Complementary scriptures:
- ‘Then the Lord said to Moses, “Go to Pharaoh and say to him, ‘This is what the Lord says: Let my people go, so that they may worship me.’ Exodus 8:1 NIV
- “For many are called, but few are chosen.” Matthew 22:14 KJV
This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. 1 Samuel 15:2 NIV
- The characters:
- Amalekites – an opposing army to Israel (God’s chosen people aka the Israelites)
- Complementary scriptures:
- “David summoned all the officials of Israel to assemble at Jerusalem: the officers over the tribes, the commanders of the divisions in the service of the king, the commanders of thousands and commanders of hundreds, and the officials in charge of all the property and livestock belonging to the king and his sons, together with the palace officials, the warriors and all the brave fighting men. King David rose to his feet and said: “Listen to me, my fellow Israelites, my people. I had it in my heart to build a house as a place of rest for the ark of the covenant of the Lord, for the footstool of our God, and I made plans to build it. But God said to me, ‘You are not to build a house for my Name, because you are a warrior and have shed blood.’ “Yet the Lord, the God of Israel, chose me from my whole family to be king over Israel forever. He chose Judah as leader, and from the tribe of Judah he chose my family, and from my father’s sons he was pleased to make me king over all Israel. Of all my sons—and the Lord has given me many—he has chosen my son Solomon to sit on the throne of the kingdom of the Lord over Israel. He said to me: ‘Solomon your son is the one who will build my house and my courts, for I have chosen him to be my son, and I will be his father. I will establish his kingdom forever if he is unswerving in carrying out my commands and laws, as is being done at this time.’” 1 Chronicles 28:1-7 NIV
- ‘But now your kingdom will not endure; the Lord has sought out a man after his own heart and appointed him ruler of his people, because you have not kept the Lord’s command.”’ 1 Samuel 13:14 NIV
- ‘Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord.’ Romans 12:19 NIV
- ‘Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone.’ Romans 12:17 NIV
- “But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;” Matthew 5:44 KJV
- “The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.” Exodus 14:14 NIV
- “Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.” Psalms 27:14 NIV
- ‘Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. ‘ Hebrews 11:1 KJV
Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’” 1 Samuel 15:3 NIV
I hope you enjoyed our first D4D Spiritual Sunday! We will pick up where we left off on verse three next Sunday, September 13, 2020 at 3:00 PM EST on YouTube and Instagram Live. Subscribe to Dough 4 Degrees’ YouTube Channel and follow me on Instagram for more!
Also, don’t forget to join me on Wednesdays at 3:00 PM EST for D4D Scholarship Sessions where I will teach you how to win the money you need to graduate from college debt-free! Those will also be hosted on YouTube and Instagram Live!