ATTENTION: ALL COLLEGE STUDENTS!
Your college career can be the launching pad for the rest of your life. It can be the best four years of your life or the beginning of unforgettable memories. The choice is yours.
We all have dreams, passions, and magic within us. Fulfillment surfaces when we explore them without seeking approval from other people. Do what you want to do! Explore and follow your dreams! You have four years to change your life and improve the world, make the most of it.
You will stumble, fall, and even get off track, but don’t let it stop you. Learn from it, shake it off, and keep moving forward. If you choose to stand still, you’ll never know what lies ahead.
Balancing school, extracurricular and co-curricular activities, a social life, and maintaining relationships is not easy. It requires practice and improvement, but it can be done successfully.
College is one of the best times to find yourself and establish confidence that allows you to limit the influence of other people’s plans for your life. I’m not telling you to completely dismiss everyone’s opinion, but don’t let them override your dreams.
You are the in charge of your college career. You control what consumes your time and energy. You dictate how every waking second, minute, and hour is spent. Make the best of it!
Read the bullets below for a few principles I’ve adopted during my undergraduate college career:
- Immerse Yourself in Your Interests: Join that club or organization that you enjoy following from a distance and yearn to become a member of.
- A Greater Network Means a Greater Net Worth: Life is about who you know and who knows you. Relationships are essential.
- I adopted Justin Graves’ personal goal of meeting one new person every day. (He’s a Hokie!)
- Give It All You’ve Got: Make a decision and give it your all. No regrets.
- Operate in respect: Respect everything and everybody.
Take control of your college career and inspire others to do the same. Thanks for reading!